We at Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad [740651-H] take the privacy and protection of your personal information seriously.
So, we have set out below information about our processing of your personal information, what rights you have, and how you can get in touch if you want to know more.
When we say personal information, we mean information about you, such as your name, date of birth and contact details. We collect personal information from you that is necessary for us to either provide you with the product or service you’ve requested or to comply with statutory or contractual requirements. Unfortunately, if you’re unable to provide certain personal information which is necessary for us to provide our products and/or services to you, we will not be able to provide you with those products and/or services.
Part A – Personal Information We Process
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact numbers and contact details history;
- Your date of birth, gender and/or age;
- Your nationality (if relevant to the product or service);
- Details of fund investors, beneficiaries, such as joint certificate/certificate holders and minor beneficiaries of our products or services;
- Family members (if relevant to the product or service);
- Records of your contact with us such as via the phone number of our customer service centre and, if you get in touch with us online using our online services or via our smartphone app, details such as your mobile phone location data, IP address and MAC address;
- Products and services you hold with us, as well as those you have been interested in and have held and the associated payment methods used;
- The usage of our products and services, any claims and whether those claims were paid out or not (and details related to this);
- Analysis of data relating to marketing made to you, including history of communications and whether you open them or click on links;
- Information about your use of products or services held with our Marketing Partners, such as insurance policies, takaful certificates, mortgage, savings or financial services and products;
- Information we obtained from third parties, including information about insurance/takaful risk, pricing, claims history, instances of suspect fraud and usage history;
- Personal information which we obtain from Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies, including public (for example, defaults) and shared credit history, financial situation and financial history;
Fraud, debt and theft information, including details of money you owe, suspected instances of fraud or theft, and details of any devices used for fraud;
- Criminal records information, including alleged offences;
- Information about your physical and mental health or if you are a vulnerable customer if you are applying for medical or life insurance/family takaful;
- Information about your property, such as location, value, number of rooms, property type and building work you’ve had done (if relevant to the product or service);
- Financial details about you, such as your salary and details of other income, details of your savings, details of your expenditure, and payment method(s);
- Details about all your existing borrowings and loans (if relevant to the product or service);
- Information about your employment status (if relevant to the product or service);
- Information about your property occupier status, such as whether you are a tenant, live with parents or are an owner occupier of the property where you live at the time of your application;
- your residency and/or citizenship status;
- Your marital status, family, lifestyle or social circumstances (if relevant to the product or service). For example, the number of dependents you have or if you are a widow or widower;
- Information we buy or rent from third parties, including demographic information, details of outstanding finance, marketing lists, publicly available information, and information to help improve the relevance of our products and services;
- Insights about you and our customers gained from analysis or profiling of customers;
- Third party transactions; such as where a person other than the account holder uses the service, information about that person and the transaction; and
- Tax information (if relevant to the product or service). For example, for investment accounts.
Part B – Where We Get Your Personal Information
We will collect personal information from the following general sources:
- Directly from you, and any information from family members, associates or beneficiaries of products and services;
- Information generated about you when you use our products and services;
- From a broker or other intermediary (for example, agents, distributors, business partners, healthcare institutions, clinics, hospitals, doctors, medical specialists) who we work with to provide products or services or quote to you;
- Prudential Group of companies if you already have a product with them, have applied for one or have held one previously;
- Cookies (for example, date and time of your visit, the pages you visit within the sites), location services, IP addresses when you visit our website or mobile app based on your consent to collect cookies through the cookie banner;
- Questionnaire and contact details when you attend surveys, investor conferences, roadshows or when you update Contact Us form on our website;
- From other sources such as Fraud Prevention Agencies, Credit Reference Agencies, other lenders, publicly available directories and information (for example, telephone directory, internet, news articles, e-mails), debt recovery and/or tracing agents, other organisations to assist in prevention and detection of crime, police and law enforcement agencies;
- We buy or rent information about you or customers generally from third parties including demographic information, vehicle details, claims history, fraud information, marketing lists, publicly available information and other information to help improve our products and services or our business;
- When you join and respond to our promotions, lucky draws, contests, events, initiatives, organised by us, our partners, representatives or service providers and/or any other request for additional personal data;
- From your images captured by us via CCTV cameras while you are within any of our premises, or via photographs, or videos taken by us, our representatives or our agents when you attend our events;
- Via voice recordings when you interact with our customer service officers;
- When you are contacted by, and respond to our telemarketers; and/or
- Information from the third parties when you make payment through (including but not limited to physical and digital payment kiosks).
We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into our secure Site;
Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our Site and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily; and
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Part C - How we use your personal information and why
We (Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad), Prudential Corporation Asia, the Prudential Group and our Business Partners, will use the personal information you provide to us, together with other information, for the following purposes:
Legal basis for processing
The administration of our products and services, including to enable us to perform our obligations to you and to provide any relevant services as discussed with you prior to any purchase of a product or service.
Necessary for the performance of our contract with you or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you.
Carrying out checks using agencies, conducting investigation or cooperating/assisting in investigations undertaken by another takaful
Performing takaful plan review and needs analysis.
Any other purpose in connection with the provision of any product or service to you, including, but not limited to, takaful plan underwriting and servicing.
Provision of customer services - like to respond to a question or tell you
Necessary for the performance of our contract with you. After our contract is complete, our legitimate interests in maintaining and developing our relationship with you.
Automated decision-making or profiling (see Part E for more).
Keeping your information on record and carrying out other internal business administration
Your immediate family members and/or emergency contact person as may
Complying with any regulatory or other legal requirements.
Compliance with our legal obligations.
To design new or enhance existing takaful products and services provided by us.
Our legitimate interests in designing
The public when you become a winner in a contest, participate in our events, conferences, talks and seminars by publishing your name, photographs and other personal data without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes.
Conduct research and statistical analysis (including use of new technologies).
In addition, we Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad, Prudential Corporation Asia, the Prudential Group and our Marketing Partners, will use the personal data you provide to us, together with other information, to send you direct marketing offers by electronic and non-electronic means including by post, as well as sending you introductions to products and services from carefully selected third parties also by post. Please see part I for further details. Our legal basis for this processing is based on your consent.
Who We Share Your Personal Information With and Why
We will share your personal information within the Prudential Group and with our Business Partners, for any of the purposes set out in this Part C. If you have a joint certificate/certificate or investment, the other person may receive your personal information too. If appropriate, we may also pass on your personal information to financial crime prevention agencies, any legal, regulatory or government bodies.
We may process your personal information in a country other than the one you are resident in. To the extent we transfer your personal data, we will use appropriate safeguards and comply with the laws of the country to which your personal information is transferred. Details of the safeguards we use are available on request.
We Keep Your Personal Information for A Set Amount of Time
Your personal information will be stored either for as long as you (or your joint participant) are our customer, or longer if required by law or as is otherwise necessary. It’ll always be in line with our data retention policy.
Part D - Reference Checks
For certain products, we may use approved credit reference agencies, tracing companies, financial crime prevention agencies, or publicly available information, to help us to check your identity, as well as to prevent fraud and money laundering; this may include checks on your current or previous addresses. Results of these may be recorded for future reference.
These checks may also be carried out for a fund investor, joint participant or person(s) that you provide personal information on. Should we ever lose contact with you, we may use these agencies to verify your address to help us get back in touch.
Any transfer of your personal information will always be done securely.
Part E – We May Use Your Personal Information To Make Automated Decisions or Profile You
We (Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad), Prudential Corporation Asia, our Business Partners, and our Marketing Partners may use your personal information to make automated decisions affecting you or to conduct other profiling (for example, marketing profiling).
To the extent that we conduct such automated decision-making activity, we will provide you with further information at the appropriate time.
Part F – Use of Your Sensitive Personal Information
For certain products or services, we will need to process your sensitive personal information, such as information relating to health, genetics, biometric identifiers and sexual orientation. To the extent that we need your explicit consent to process this kind of personal information in the manner described in Parts C, D, and E, we will provide details of this at the point of collection and seek your consent.
Part G – You Are in Control
When it comes to how we use your personal information, you have the right to request for access to, request for a copy of, request to update or correct, your personal data held by us. We may charge a small fee (such amount as permitted by the Personal Data Protection Act 2010) to cover the administration costs involved in processing your request to access your personal data. You have the right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your personal data (for example, requesting us to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for marketing purposes).
In addition, you also have the right, by notice in writing, to inform us on your withdrawal (in full or in part) of your consent given previously to us subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be affected. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your personal data, it may mean that we will not be able to continue with your existing relationship with us or the contract that you have with us will have to be terminated.
If you reside in an EU jurisdiction, you may have additional data subject rights under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) listed below:
- In certain circumstances request that we move your personal information to another organisation if you want us to; and
- Ask us to delete your personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes set out in Part A or if there is no other legal basis for the processing.
If you want to do any of these things, or would like an explanation about these rights, we have explained how you can get in touch in the Contact Us section.
If you do need to speak to us, it will be useful to note the data controller of your personal information to Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad. We may monitor or record calls or any other communication we have with you. This might be for training, for security, or to help us check for quality.
Part H – Acting on Someone Else’s Behalf
If you give us personal information about another person (or persons), we will take that to mean they have appointed and authorised you to act on their behalf. This includes providing consent to:
- Our processing of their personal information and sensitive personal information (as we’ve explained in Parts A - G above); and
- You are getting any information protection notices on their behalf.
If for any reason you are concerned as to whether you are permitted to provide us with the other person’s information, please contact us at the e-mail address below before sending us anything.
Part I – Direct Marketing
We (Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad), Prudential Corporation Asia, our Business Partners, and our Marketing Partners will still send you information by post about our and the Prudential Group’s products and services and carefully selected third parties.
Additionally, from time to time, we (Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad), Prudential Corporation Asia, and the Prudential Group would like to contact you by electronic means with details about products, services and any special offers. We will only do this if you have consented to us contacting you by electronic means.
And if you change your mind, and / or you would like to opt-out of receiving non-electronic direct marketing, it’s easy to let us know. Just use one of the options in the Contact us section.
If you want to exercise your rights in part G or if you require any other information about any other part of this policy, you can contact us in several different ways.
Write to us at:
Customer Correspondence Unit (CCU),
Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad,
Level 12, Menara Prudential
Persiaran TRX Barat
55188 Tun Razak Exchange
E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prudential BSN Takaful Berhad,
Level 13, Menara Prudential
Persiaran TRX Barat
55188 Tun Razak Exchange
In the event of any inconsistencies or discrepancies between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, the English version shall prevail.
Prudential Corporation Asia means Prudential Corporation Asia Limited.The Prudential Group means any affiliates of Prudential UK (including, Prudential International Assurance plc, Prudential Plc, Prudential Services Limited, PGDS (UK ONE) Limited, Prudential Global Services Private Limited, Prudential Corporation Asia, Jackson National Life and PPM America, Inc., and Prudential Corporate Pensions Trustee Limited.)
Business Partners means our service providers, accountants, auditors, IT service and platform providers, intermediaries, reinsurers/retakaful operator, investment managers, agents, pension trustees (and other stakeholders), scheme advisors, introducers, selected third party financial and insurance/takaful product providers, and our legal advisers.
Marketing Partners means our service providers, intermediaries, pension trustees (and other stakeholders), scheme advisors, introducers and selected third party financial and insurance/takaful product providers.
 We will provide any electronic information (not paper records) that we hold and only that which you provided to us – we will not provide the results of any processing carried out on that data.