From as low as RM10.40/year*, secure your loved ones’ future with a Shariah-compliant Takaful Term Protection Plan that covers Death and Total & Permanent Disability (TPD) through i-Lindung using your EPF funds. Sign up via your EPF i-Akaun without the need for a medical check-up!
*Terms and conditions apply.
For females aged between 19 and 35 years old (next birthday), with a sum covered of RM10,000.
Reasons to consider PruBSN Lindung
A protection plan is essential for you and your loved ones’ financial security. This ensures they have something to fall back on if you (the covered member) encounter an unfortunate incident that results in your death, or leaves you totally and permanently disabled.
The EPF’s i-Lindung initiative has made safeguarding against financial uncertainties even more accessible, as it allows members to utilise their savings to enrol in Shariah-compliant takaful plans such as PruBSN Lindung at affordable rates via their EPF i-Akaun.
This is an opportunity for you to acquire the income protection your family needs and deserves, without straining your wallet.
Key Product Benefits
No Medical Examination
Contribution will be withdrawn from your EPF account via EPF i-Akaun and it is also tax deductible.
Coverage and Contribution Term
19 to 60 (age next birthday)
Minimum Sum Covered
In the event of a Covered Member’s death, 100% of the sum covered will be payable from the Tabarru` Fund.
Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Benefit
In the event of a Covered Member suffering from TPD, 100% of the sum covered will be payable from the Tabarru` Fund.
Note: Payment of this benefit will reduce the Death Benefit.
How to Submit Claims?
How do I submit claims?
For a claim on Death Benefit:
The claimant may submit the completed claim form(s) along with the supporting documents to any PruBSN branch.
For a claim on Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) Benefit:
- You may register a claim in the `Register Claim’ in the Pulse by Prudential mobile application along with the supporting documents.
What are the documents needed for claim?
For a claim on Death Benefit:
The claimant is required to submit the following:
Death Claim Form - signed by the claimant (person who is making the claim)
Medical Attendance Certificate - signed by the doctor who last treated the deceased
Certified true copy of Death Certificate - to be certified by PruBSN branch staff or Executive/Business Development Manager
Copy of Claimant's MyKad (if there is no nomination)
Copy of Deceased's MyKad
Certified true copy of proof of relationship (Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Children of Claimant, Parent of Deceased) for all claimant (if there is no nomination)
Direct Credit Facility Form completed by nominee/claimant
Other supporting test/Laboratory Report: Biopsy, MRI, scan and investigation results (where applicable)
Relevant claim forms can be downloaded here, obtained at any PruBSN branch, requested by sending e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact PruBSN Customer Service line at 03-27757188 (Monday to Friday, 8.30a.m. - 5.15p.m.).
For a claim on Total and Permanent Disability Benefit:
For submission via Pulse by Prudential mobile application, claimant is required to submit the following:
Front and back of NRIC image
Selfie image holding IC/NRIC verification
Copy of Bank Passbook / Bank Account Statement (front page)
Total and Permanent Disability Confidential Medical Certificate - completed and signed by doctor who treated the Covered Member
Other supporting reports - Latest physiotherapy/rehabilitation progress, doctor referral letters, blood tests, urine tests, biopsy, MRI, CT Scan, ultrasound and all investigation reports (where applicable)
Certified true copy of the employment termination letter or medically boarded out letter.
PruBSN may request for other relevant supporting documents, information or to view the original documents whenever necessary.
How long will it take to process a claim?
Upon receiving the complete documents, the claim payment will be processed within 13 working days.
How to Make a Nomination?
Why is it important to make a nomination?
- Nomination is important to ensure that your loved ones will receive the protection as intended by you and that certificate benefits can be paid out by PruBSN without any delay. The nominee can be either an executor (wasi) or a beneficiary under a conditional Hibah (Gift). Without a nomination, the certificate benefits will be paid out to your lawful executor or administrator to distribute it in accordance to the applicable laws of distribution. The process may take a while.
- It is important for you to inform your nominee about the certificate benefits and nomination.
Who can I nominate for my certificate?
- The nominee has to be an individual. Nomination of an organization is not allowed.
- If your nominee is below the age of 18 at the point of claim, the benefits will be paid to the surviving parent or a proper claimant i.e. legal guardian, subject to the relevant legal evidence/supporting documents.
How to make a nomination?
- You can decide who you wish to be the nominee(s) to receive the benefits by completing the nomination form with a witness and submit it via the following channels or any other channel PruBSN may make available to you from time to time:
a. under ‘PRUServices’ in Pulse by Prudential mobile application; or
b. walk-in to any of the Prudential or PruBSN Branches; or
c. e-mail to email@example.com.
- The nomination form will be made available to you:
a. at Prudential or PruBSN Branches; or
b. on PruBSN corporate website at https://www.prubsn.com.my/.
How to Cancel the Certificate?
- You may choose to cancel your certificate under ‘PRUServices’ in Pulse by Prudential mobile application at any time that you wish. If you cancel your certificate within the first 15 days after participating in this plan, PruBSN will refund the contribution paid.
- However, if you choose to cancel your certificate at any point after the 15 days, PruBSN will refund the unutilised Tabarru` deduction, if any. Please refer to our FAQ for more details.
- Please note that you will not be able to revive the certificate after you have cancelled it. This means you are no longer covered under the plan. If you decide to participate again, you will need to submit a new application for enrollment. Please carefully consider if cancelling the coverage is the best decision for you.
How to Download Pulse by Prudential?
Scan the QR Code or click on the links below to download Pulse by Prudential mobile application. Please ensure that your email address registered for EPF i-Lindung is the same email used for your Pulse by Prudential app account. You can view and download your e-Certificate at the ‘PRUServices’ section on the Pulse by Prudential app.
100% of the contribution paid for this plan may qualify you for personal income tax relief under Life Insurance/Family Takaful category, subject to the terms and conditions of the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia.
The above is only a brief description of our product. For more information on PruBSN Lindung, kindly refer to the Product Disclosure Sheet before participating in this plan and refer to the terms and conditions in the Certificate Summary for details on the important features as well as exclusions that apply to the plan.
How to sign up
Log in to EPF i-Akaun Portal
Note: Register yourself for an i-Akaun if you do not have one. Refer to the registration guide here.